Are you desperately looking for a way to freshen those smelly badminton shoes?
Well, you are at the right spot because today we will learn different methods to deodorize our smelly stinky shoes and give them a fresh feel.
To be honest, walking in a gathering with smelly shoes or taking them off with your feet having a bad smell can be very embarrassing.
Don’t worry if you have one of that pair which makes you feel guilty whenever you are sitting with another person.
Here is what causes smelly shoes:
- Bacteria: When your feet sweat a lot, it gets absorbed in your socks and lining of the shoes. This causes the bacteria to grow and feed on dead skin cells of your feet. This causes the bad odor
- Poor ventilation: Wearing badminton shoes which have poor ventilation also result in a very bad smell. Usually shoes made from synthetic material or polyester have poor ventilation
- Disease: You may also have a foot disease like nail fungus or warts that result in the bad smell arising from your feet
Below are some of the most effective ways that can help you keep your badminton shoes odor free and fresh.
One of the most popular methods to get rid of smelly shoes is using baking soda. We all have it in our kitchen drawers and it can be very useful other than just for baking the delicious stuff we eat daily.
Here is what you can do:
- The next time you wear your stinky shoes, prepare 2 sachets of baking soda and place them inside them.
- Make small sachets
- These sachets will absorb the bad odor really fast
- You can also wrap the baking soda in a thin cloth, tie it using a rubber band and place it inside your Yonex badminton shoes!
- Leave them inside until the shoes become odorless
Alternatively, you can dust some baking powder all over inside the foot bed and leave it overnight.
Because bacteria are the main cause of smell in your badminton shoes, alcohol can be very effective in kill them and helping you get rid of the bad odor. You will need rubbing alcohol for this purpose and pour it in a small spray bottle to sprinkle it inside your shoes.
Here is what you need to do:
- We will start by disinfecting the shoes by drying them. You can leave them in the sun for a few hours for this purpose
- Now, take the alcohol and spray enough of it inside your shoes so the foot bed is completed soaked with rubbing alcohol
- You can also pour alcohol in a small tub and soak your shoes for 5-10 minutes in it
- Now, take the shoes out and leave them for a while so the alcohol evaporates
- This will kill the bacteria and also make your shoes odorless
If your feet smell, you can wash your feet and then spray alcohol and allow it to evaporate before you dry your feet using a rug or cloth.
Vinegar & Water
Finally, what you can do is take 2 large cups of vinegar and add it to 3 gallons of water in a tub. Now mix it well and soak your shoes in the solution. Leave them for about 5-10 minutes. Take them out of the solution and put it in the sunlight so the water & vinegar evaporates. This will prevent growth of new bacteria and also make your badminton shoes odorless.